We leverage our in-house IT expertise to design, develop and implement various ICT-based solutions to plug the gaps in health care delivery. These solutions range from call centres to provide telephonic health advice to simple and cost-effective mobile-based health applications.
ISHP is one the largest providers of tele-health services in the development sector in India, with projects spanning across many states. ISHP has specific expertise in setting up and running health help lines for various international healthcare organizations. ISHP run help lines are located in UP, Karnataka and Delhi-NCR. These help lines deploy state-of the art telecom and IT infrastructure to provide telephonic advice to the callers from various states across India. Highly qualified & trained healthcare professionals employed at the help lines provide
• Information on health issues, health services, products and details of diagnostic facilities and providers.
• Tele–counselling to the inbound callers regarding disease management processes.
• Referral to appropriate providers/ clinics in their towns .
• Tracking of the potential clients to provide continuity of care (close the loop).
• Care line Services – Reminders and outbound calls for post -use support.
Dimpa – Helpline for USAID funded project in UP.
Saathiya – Family Planning Helpline for USAID funded project in UP.
Dots Mitra – TB Helpline for USAID funded project in Karnataka.
Pehal – Family Planning Helpline of Population Service International for the states UP, Rajasthan, Delhi.
OneCall – Helpline of Marie Stopes International for Madhya Pradesh.
CycleTel – Helpline for Institute of Reproductive Health, Georgetown University, Washington.
Ujjwal – Helpline of Futures Group for the states of Bihar and Orissa.